Thursday, May 15, 2014

Mid Spring - Works in Progress

A gesso-watercolor abstract painting in progress. Blue flowers... my intent was to create pansies, however that may change as I get into the details. This is with the first layer of color on the leaves. More color will go on the leaves, and then I'll start on the details. That part is always scary... what if I muck it up? :)
It felt good to get back to these paintings, I've been ignoring them for a bit but the muse finally wanted to work on them again. Yay! If I keep the momentum, I'll have several done in the next few days. We'll see. It's hard to be in the studio when the sun is shining!

I did start this painting today, outdoors on the deck. Inspired by the Lewisia we have in pots near the table where we were sitting and finishing our (caffeine free) iced tea.
It doesn't look like much, and I've already decided I should have made it taller (rather than square) as the flower stems are much higher in real life. However, this will be an abstract, so I will take poetic license.

And from the garden this lovely day: 
Red Coral Bells

On another note, a finished piece from last summer is now in my Etsy Shop:
Digital Poppy 5x5 print




Sharing today with Paint Party Friday, hosted by Eva and Kristin

6 comments:

DVArtist said...

Helen this is truly wonderful art. I really like this technique and you do it so well.
Nicole/Beadwright

GlorV1 said...

Hi Helen. Good to see you. You really are achieving great results with your flowers. The more you paint them, the better they get. Congrats on this achievement. Have a wonderful weekend, take care. Oh yeah, no I don't know if "they" are really here, but I am believing that they do exist.:)

froebelsternchen said...

Lovely ARTWORK!
Happy PPF!

xoxoxo Susi

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful art and photos, enjoy the flowers. Valerie

Netty said...

smashing artwork and photos. Happy PPF, Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Giggles said...

Lovely work Helen...and love the digital photos as well....all so pretty!

Hugs Giggles

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...