Tuesday, May 13, 2014

How to cure the blahs....

One of the ways that works for me to banish the blahs 
is to go outside and take photos of the garden. 
Or dig in the garden. Or do some weeding. 
Or just be OUTSIDE because it's warm enough to do so.... finally! 
We had sunshine so must take advantage, it can be elusive here. 

 Native Yellow Twig Dogwood blooming along the fence.
Native Bleeding Heart with bee
Wild strawberries! We're going to have a bumper crop this year. 

Poppy  growing on steps (ignore the weeds, I'll get to them soon!)


And since I'm out in the garden, I'm not at my desk...
 so this is the workspace I'll show today. 
The garden bench. :)

P.S. The spray bottle has a mix of ammonia and water which works to, um, dispatch of slugs that are in the veggie garden. The best time to go out is just as it's getting dark as they come out of hiding. ;)

Happy WOYWW everyone! 



Check out what others have on their work desk at Julia's

12 comments:

Bridget Larsen said...

Sorry you are feeling blue but what a great garden you have and I would do the same if I were blue or green
Bridget #4

Helen said...

That's a great space to banish the blahs in ! the plants look great. Helen 7

Belinda Basson said...

You can come play in my garden too! Hope the blues go away soon. I too go to my garden for solace. #28

Neil said...

Hi
It's been a while I know, since I last managed to link up but I'm back now and just popping my head round the door to say hello!
Your garden looks lovely, I too love spending time in mine, it clears the soul.
Thanks for sharing your creative space and I hope you have a good week too.

Neil #10

Julia Dunnit said...

Well your garden would do the same for me! I do agree though, I'm not keen, but I like to tidy the garden and the better the weather, the less I resent it!

Unknown said...

What cheerful photos. The garden is my sanctuary when I am in need of cheering up! Hope the sun and garden works its magic for you.
Hugs Lynda B X 60

Lindart said...

Lovely photos! Your flowers are coming much sooner than ours. All I have blooming right now is a pile of Dogtooth Violets - they are like weeds! I do also have one lonely Narcissus, I will have to plant more for next year! Your bench looks awesome - jealous! Lindart #81

Chrysalis said...

Hmm - the ammonia/water idea sounds like one to try. I hope your time in the garden perks you up. Have a lovely week, Chris # 23

Carole said...

yes a walk outside... allows us to step outside our selves and get a glimpse of Mother natures magic. Lovely blossoms and bees, now that's miraculous :)

Thanks for the snoop. Be well Carole #44

Irene Rafael said...

I so agree. It is surprising how long I just get stuck inside. Thanks for the reminder.
Irene #95

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Helen happy WOYWW. OOOH a lady after my own heart...I love escaping to the garden and have been out there weeding this week - a real BIG job, our sons cares for our home while we live elsewhere at the moment and he barely mows the lawn, and I don't believe in weed killer, you have to get rid of the dead stuff after anyway, so I'm pulling - one trailer load to the dump gone and another on the way...lucky I find peace out there amongst the scratches, prickles and mud...sorry about the waffling Cheers and have a super week, love your photos RobynO#73

Eliza said...

Helen,

What a wonderful garden, I didn't know Ammonia & water warded off the slugs can you give me the ratio I would love to give it a go as an alternative.

Hugs Eliza & Yoda 90
Belated WOYWW wishes

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...