Thursday, May 1, 2014

Gelliplate Prints from SeARTle

Thought I'd share a few of the gelliplate prints I created while at SeARTle Art Retreat this past weekend. (Oh my goodness, it was SUCH a fun time!) 

I tried these canvas panels at a friends suggestion. She does amazing things with hers. The yellow/green and blue one I used to pull the print. It has layers of torn book pages and sheet music on it, so the raised areas prevented a good clear print. (I should have figured that out) I then off printed the remaining paint on the brayer to make the additional layers. I offprinted with the brayer and the texturing stencils/materials on the other two canvas panels as well. I'm not sure where these panels are headed, but it's a fun start. I'll definitely play with this technique some more. 

Following are a few of the gelliplate prints I created on paper... at least three layers on most. They are on a variety of papers - old sheet music, large book pages and will probably be used in collage art, or perhaps added to a canvas/canvas panel as the background. The possibilities are endless!







Sharing with Paint Party Friday, hosted by Eva and Kristin

18 comments:

Faye said...

Helen, what a lovely bunch of gelli prints. I love the gorgeous colors.

Giggles said...

This is why I keep wanting a geli pad so much.These pages are beautiful..!

Hugs Giggles

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely prints, looks like you had a great time. Valerie

Clare Lloyd said...

Great prints.

Netty said...

smashing set of prints. Happy PPF, Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

soulbrush said...

These are all fantabulous Helen. What great art.Happy PPF to you.

Laura said...

Fabulous imagination used with the gelli prints.

JKW said...

I love what a gelli print does to the pages. Excellent art. Blessings, Janet PPF

GlorV1 said...

I've yet to try the gelli plates but you have some great prints going on. Nice job Helen. Sounds like it was a lot of fun too.:) Happy PPF!

AnnD said...

These are terrific starts! I am excited to see where you go with them! The brownish one almost has the feeling of an antique map!

Abigail Davidson said...

All are beautiful creations and great texture! Happy PPF!

Unknown said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I've never tried jelly prints before. Can't wait to see what you do next. Thanks for sharing! Happy PPF :)

Joy Murray said...

Great colors and textures. Thanks for sharing!

Kooky Makes said...

So much texture and colour. Looking forward to seeing what you do with them next.

Laila said...

Lovely prints. I wish for a gelli plate too, perhaps try making one. It loks so much fun to print on them.

Marianne said...

Such fun pieces - and beautiful colors.

Maria Medeiros said...

Oh how beautiful!! I've got to buy one of these jelly plates! :) lovely !!

DVArtist said...

These are really beautiful.
Nicole/Beadwright

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...