Thursday, January 2, 2014

Day 2 of Thirty Paintings

My goal for the "30 Paintings in 30 Days" is twofold - to created a cohesive body of work for potential solo art shows, and to complete several barely started or nearly finished paintings lingering about my studio.

Since I did not have a newly completed painting when I posted yesterday, here are two that were completed by last evening.
Day 1 - Blue Flowers
Day 2 - Sunflower
Both paintings are watercolor over textured gesso - a technique I learned from Carla Sonheim.


Sharing with Paint Party Friday, hosted by Eva and Kristen. 


15 comments:

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Helen,

Nice paintings! I can't imagine doing 30 paintings in 30 days!! Good luck - you're off to a perfect start!

Peace,
Kay

Cheryl said...

These are lovely, Helen.

froebelsternchen said...

just wonderfull Helen!

Faye said...

Watercolor over gesso is a new technique for me and one I've never hear of. Looks like you had great success with it. Love the flowers.

Linda Kunsman said...

they're beautiful! I especially love the sunflower. Looks like a wonderful technique for texture. Happy PPF and 2014!

Christine said...

beautiful! I love flowers.

DVArtist said...

These are really beautiful. I love the idea of water color of the textured gesso. Wonderful
Nicole/Beadwright

GlorV1 said...

Happy New Year Helen! These are great paintings. Have fun in these 30 days. I know the feeling. :)

Lorraine said...

looks great happy new year..love the delicate flowers

Abigail Davidson said...

Both paintings are lovely! Especially enjoy the textures. Happy PPF!

SLScheibe said...

Super pretty! The first one is my favorite. It's sooo pretty! Watercolor over gesso - how interesting. I'll have to try that one day.

www.dorissdaughter.com said...

Wonderful work, good luck with your challenge :)

Giggles said...

So pretty I look forward to more!! Good for you sticking with it!

Hugs Giggles

Studio Kaufmann said...

That's a very intriguing gesso technique. How do you get the effect do you put Saran wrap/cling film over the gesso when it is wet? The results are very intriguing. Happy PPF

Ilona Heimböckel said...

Beautiful flowers! And great idea to get things finished or started!
Happy PPF
Ilona

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...