Tuesday, May 21, 2013

HuMp DaY Haiku - Healing in Nature

"Screaming in my head... I cannot let the sound escape. It would scare the natives."



I wrote this a few months ago in my journal. When things were so crazy it kept tumbling around in my mind. 

Isn't it interesting that if you don't take care of things, they keep coming back? After all the "stuff" with my son the past several months, added to a few stressful relationships with selfish people, I'm feeling close to that again.

Even with the pouring rain, we're heading out for a overnight dose of nature in an attempt to settle my mind and work on priorities. 


taking time for me
resting in among the trees
healing in nature


P.S. I forgot to include the linky before I left to go away to nature. It's here now. :)

I have found that creating a haiku (non rhyming poem with 5 - 7 - 5 syllables per line) feeds my soul. I especially like creating them to go with my photos and art. 
Would you like to share a haiku you have written?  
You may include a haiku in the comments, OR you may copy your blog post url (featuring a haiku) and add a link to your blog using Mr. Linky. Consider visiting other contributors blogs to see what they've created and say hello. 








3 comments:

GlorV1 said...

That sounds like a perfect Haiku for your getaway. Rest, relax and enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Getting out in nature always help me in ailing my soul...I hope it helps you as well. Enjoy your time, spent away from things! Love your photo and how it illustrates your journal entry so well. Sending you a big hug.
~ Rhonda ♥

(P.S. Not seeing Mr. Linky from my end...could be my painfully slow internet connection, though.)

Kim Campbell Radder said...

I think it's interesting you posted a photo of a bare-naked tree (cottonwood?) Letting your scream out would be pretty much exposing yourself, wouldn't it? The natives might think a Sasquatch was in the 'hood. It'd do us all good to be honest and open sometimes, whether it scared anyone else or not. I trust your overnight getaway soothed that savage beast and helped restore your soul.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...