Wednesday, September 26, 2012

HuMp DaY Haiku - For Jenny

Some folks seem to like
writing little weekly poems
so we're here again....  

For Jenny Short and any other haiku crazy folks out there... :) We're back from vacation a bit early.


A year or so ago, I started doing Hump Day Haiku with Carla Sonheim's Silly classes and decided as a challenge for myself, I'd continue. I have found that creating a haiku
 (non rhyming poem with 5 - 7 - 5 syllables per line) feeds my soul. I especially like creating them to go with my photos and art. 

Would you like to share a haiku you have written? 

You may include a haiku in the comments, OR you may copy your blog post url (featuring a haiku) and add a link to your blog using Mr. Linky. And consider visiting other contributors blogs to see what they've created and say hello. 

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Ha, ha. I forgot you were on vacation. Here I am with my haiku and no place to post it. How strange is that. Thanks, Helen, for allowing me to express myself so eloquently on your blog. This is so funny. I am not a poet but you have inspired me. I lie awake in the morning composing haikus to go with my photos. You are an inspiration to me!! xo Jenny

Rhonda said...

Love your sunflower!! Mine is all bent over and looking sad. So is Hump Day Haiku back on each week?

Hope your vacation was a good one! ♥

Cheryl said...

I just noticed a stand of sunflowers on my block yesterday and today you put one on your block. I love their faces always turned toward the sun. Great haiku.

GlorV1 said...

Very nice Helen. I'll be back next week. Hope you are doing well. Take care. Glad you are back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...