Tuesday, July 3, 2012

HuMP DaY Haiku - Growing Memories

Planting family love.
Auntie Ruths seeds scatter here
growing memories

I originally got the seeds for Love in a Mist from my Auntie Ruth, who lived in Dayton, WA a good portion of her life. We lost her several years ago. During her lifetime she shared a great many seeds (and pearls of wisdom) with her nieces and nephews. This one plant freely self seeds around the yard each year, and always reminds me of Auntie Ruth.

When one is remembered, their love lives on. 

I started doing Hump Day Haiku with Carla Sonheim's Silly classes...  and decided as a challenge for myself, I'd continue.  In this process, I have found that creating a haiku (non rhyming poem with 5 - 7 - 5 syllables per line) feeds my soul. I especially like creating them to go with my photos and art. 

Would you like to share a haiku you have written? 

You may include a haiku in the comments, OR you may copy your blog post url (featuring a haiku) and add a link to your blog using Mr. Linky. And consider visiting other contributors blogs to see what they've created and say hello. 





2 comments:

GlorV1 said...

That's beautiful Helen. I love when seeds are planted that come from others and family members. We do that every year. Meaningful Haiku, nicely done. Have a wonderful Fourth of July. Take care.

Rhonda said...

Your post and Haiku are wonderful Helen. How special to have such a beautiful family memory and flower! Have a Happy 4th of July. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...