Tuesday, June 26, 2012

HuMp DaY Haiku - Blending

Wine Grape Harvest
Blending with beeswax.
When heated, melded layers
forms a new art piece.

This piece was created during a class I taught last week at ArtforAll in Portland. It was delightful showing others how I create the layers, and how sometimes they work better than we imagine. Everyone had fun and the room smelled heavenly!

While I know similar effects can be achieved digitally, I prefer creating art the old fashioned way with my hands and layers of papers, tissues and beeswax. This piece is now available in my Etsy shop.



I started doing Hump Day Haiku with Carla Sonheim's Silly classes...  and decided as a challenge for myself, I'd continue.  In this process, I have found that creating a haiku (non rhyming poem with 5 - 7 - 5 syllables per line) feeds my soul. I especially like creating them to go with my photos and art. 

Would you like to share a haiku you have written? 

You may include a haiku in the comments, OR you may copy your blog post url (featuring a haiku) and add a link to your blog using Mr. Linky. And consider visiting other contributors blogs to see what they've created and say hello. 




2 comments:

Kim Campbell Radder said...

Lovely. So glad I have one of your pieces in my home. = )

lynnsie said...

Hi Helen, I just got back from vacation on last Sunday. I'm exhausted, but wanted to get my self back in the swing of things so I thought I'd send a pict I took along the road. Anxious to see everyone. Love you haiku a lot.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...