Friday, June 1, 2012

Apron art

I've started a new part time job at our local art and craft store, and was given a blank apron to decorate as I wished. The only requirement was to include my name on it somehow. A blank canvas! O.o

I decided I wanted it to reflect my love for nature, and this is the almost completed project:

I used Lumiere paints, watered down to give a more water color effect for the grasses and sky. These were not the flowers I intended, however a blop had to be corrected and this is what evolved. My name tag will be a bird... I decided not to paint it on the apron, at this point anyway.

Jumping in late with Paint Party Friday, hosted by Kristin and Eva. Do visit to see what the other fabulous artists have created.


16 comments:

Mary C. Nasser said...

How wonderful!
Nature is so amazing and inspiring!
Love how those orange-centered flowers pop out against the blue background!
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Unknown said...

Very beautiful apron!! The name on a bird will be a clever addition. Have a great day!
Nora

Cheryl said...

This is so much better than I imagined. I love the daisies. Glad the mishap happened so you could create this beautiful piece of art.

Debbie said...

Very nicely done. I love the idea of your bird name tag. Have fun with your new job!!

Netty said...

Beautifully designed apron. Happy PPF, Annette x

Christine said...

very pretty, so summery!

EVA said...

What a fascinating idea for a store! Your apron is gorgeous!

GlorV1 said...

Hi Helen! Congrats on your part time job at the art store and lucky you. Being around all those goodies will definitely inspire you. I see it already has, your apron is awesome. Enjoy your new job, have fun. Thanks for sharing. Happy PPF!

Giggles said...

Sounds like a perfect fit! You in that beautiful apron, working with other artists!! Enjoy!!

Good job!!

Hugs Giggles

Anne Manda said...

Love your apron, so creative and pretty! Just lovely and fresh!

Tracey FK said...

that looks wonderful and it will be a delight to put it on and go to work I am sure... xx

carlarey said...

Dream job! I'll bet it will seem like playtime being there among all the art supplies. Great job on that apron!

Kim Campbell Radder said...

Isn't it grand that mistakes can be transformed into something positive and lovely? One of the petals looks 3-dimensional...is it just me or is there a subtle significance to it? Congrats on the new job!

Terrie said...

Aren't you clever? This apron looks totally fab and who wouldn't want to go to work wearing it? Visiting from AIB.

linda (dots n doodles) said...

Lucky you working amongst all those art goodies. Am loving the apron, such a great idea. Wear it with pride.

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Such a preety apron, so cheerful looking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...