Tuesday, April 17, 2012

HuMp DaY Haiku - Flowering Current


Flowering Current
Though it's advertised as red
this is clearly pink

And it's just starting to bloom... finally. The wild flowering currents have been in full  bloom and are nearly red... closer than this pale pink. We bought this shrub at the Bellevue Botanical Gardens plant sale several years ago... and we most disappointed when they bloomed light pink. I love it regardless. We're working on finding a real red one for another spot in the garden. 


I started doing Hump Day Haiku with Carla Sonheim's Silly classes...  and decided as a challenge for myself, I'd continue.  In this process, I have found that creating a haiku (non rhyming poem with 5 - 7 - 5 syllables per line) feeds my soul. 
I especially like creating them to go with my photos and art. 


Would you like to share a haiku you have written? 


You may include a haiku in the comments, OR you may copy your blog post url (featuring a haiku) and add a link to your blog using Mr. Linky. And consider visiting other contributors blogs to see what they've created and say hello.

2 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Beautiful Haiku and flower.We are in the midst of our planting season, it's always so much satisfaction to see the fruits on your labor come to fruition. Hope your week is going good Helen. Have a wonderful evening.

Kim Campbell Radder said...

I enjoy my flowering currants, too. I've seen pink and dark pink. In "Plants of the Pacific Northwest Coast" the Red-flowering currant looks kinda dark pink. Just sayin... = )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...