Tuesday, February 14, 2012

HuMp Day Haiku - Peony

A glorious pink
and such a heavenly scent!
Pretty Peony! 

Forced to bloom early
for the Flower and Garden show, 
it's a special treat. 

We do not have a garden conducive to growing peonies... too wet; too much clay and rocks. We're working on raised beds, but this years are dedicated to vegetables rather than flowers. Perhaps one day I can grow these in my garden too. 



I started doing Hump Day Haiku with Carla Sonheim's Silly classes...  and decided as a challenge for myself, I'd continue.  In this process, I have found that creating a haiku (non rhyming poem with 5 - 7 - 5 syllables per line) feeds my soul. 
I especially like creating them to go with my photos. 

Would you like to share a haiku you have written? 

You may include a haiku in the comments, OR you may copy your blog post url (featuring a haiku) and add a link to your blog using Mr. Linky. And consider visiting other contributors blogs to say hello. 

3 comments:

GlorV1 said...

That's a beautiful Peony and lovely Haiku. Very nice. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I love Peonies, but have never tried to grow them. Your photo and Haiku are great! I tried my first Haiku Helen!! xoxo ~ Rhonda :-)

Kim Campbell Radder said...

It was a treat to see peonies @ the Show. I was drawn to the yellow variety on display. The one I bought last year has blood-red shoots emerging. I enjoy my 'Sorbet.' I hope you can plant some of your own one day. Another very nice photo, Helen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...