Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Hump Day Haiku - Sunrise

A bit of sunlight 
breaking through the morning clouds
Winter has arrived. 

Ah, Winter Solstice!
Hope of longer days to come
sealed with sunlit heart.


I'm getting a bit fanciful of late, seeing hearts in everything. 
Do you see a heart in the rosy clouds between the trees, or is it just me? 

Sharing the joy of a beautiful sunrise and the knowledge that the days are getting longer at at last!  Wishing my friends Happy Chanukah, Happy Solstice, Happy Yuletide, and a Merry Christmas! 





I started doing Hump Day Haiku with Carla Sonheim's Silly classes...  and decided as a challenge for myself, I'd continue.  In this process, I have found that creating a haiku to go with my photos feeds my soul. 

Perhaps you'd like to share a haiku you have written?  

5 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Hi Helen, just thought I'd give it a stab. I don't know the first thing about Haiku's but what the heck. Happy Holidays!

Cheryl said...

I did not know today is the winter solstice. That makes today, the shortest day of the year. I had a great time at lunch! Love your haiku.

Kim Campbell Radder said...

Especially like the second one. Mom always looked forward to December 22, because the days begin to get longer. Merry Christmas to someone who inspires me. = )

siga said...

Helen, this is truly beautiful! I love your photo and haiku. Also I want to thank you for your greetings. May these days for you be filled with love, peace and joy!

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Just beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...