Thursday, November 3, 2011

Junk Jewelry

 I took a junk jewelry class this past Sunday, with my friend Debi McManus-Plett, (an amazing artist!). She teaches at Stampadoodle  in Bellingham, and Country Lane in Surrey BC. This creation is my very first wrapped wire pendant, made with a washer and cotter pin, wire and seed beads.


We also soldered in the class, my first time ever, and I can't say I did it well. However, it did take the fear away. I plan to make some ornaments for the holidays, and this time will make sure to allow for the tape when choosing an image. Hmph. *wink*

While helping Debi clean up, I discovered a little heart formed by droplets of the solder. So of course it came home with me.




Linking my random heart with Clytie at Guest Heart Thursday


4 comments:

Clytie said...

Congrats on getting over the soldering jitters! You did really well for a first time - better than I ever could.

And that little solder drip heart is exquisite. I'm so glad you got to take it home!!!

Cheryl said...

Fabulous pendant. I see you expanding your etsy shop...and the heart is splendid.

soulbrush said...

I already told you how much I loved this new arty stuff of yours, specially the birdie. It rocks.

buy necklaces said...

This is a chance to give a old one thing a new life. Like it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...