Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Nuthatch!

I was pleasantly surprised to see a red breasted nuthatch at the suet feeder outside my office window this morning. It's the first time he's visited.
We get juncos, chickadees, sparrows and towhees quite regularly, and love watching their antics. The suet feeder is upside down and similar to this, with a metal cage that my sweet husband built around it that allows the little birds in but keeps the starlings, blue jays and rats out. And my sweet husband hangs it for me (being a bit taller) right outside the window so I can watch the bird show. It makes me happy.

Speaking of birds.. one of the fun things about doing the One World One Heart event is discovering other artists and their delightful art. One blog I now follow is 2 Bags Full. She makes the most incredible nests. Go see her. As an added incentive... she is also holding a special winter drawing for a lovely sea glass pendant. Really, go check her out!

Note: the picture is not my nuthatch, but a stock image I got sometime back.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I love how you changed your blog background. And what is "copyscape"?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...