Sunday, January 23, 2011

Art

I have been doing quite a bit of art of late... the challenge to do art every day is keeping me doing some bit of art every day. Sometimes it's just the 10 minute exercises from Silly the Third, sometimes working on the journal pages for the Strathmore Visual Journaling Class, sometimes just 'cuz I wanna play. Here's a couple Altered Playing cards I created today...
 
These cards were brushed with gesso to mute the numbers, then layered with stamped script and paper napkins, images and inked edges. The birds in the heart also include beeswax and Glaze pen.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Helen, these cards are beautiful! I love the vintage, romantic feel they give. (fellow 365 Art Project buddy)

Anonymous said...

sweet! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...