Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day Tripping to Mount Baker - Part 2

It was surprisingly busy at Artist Point for a Wednesday in mid-October, a half full parking lot. Everyone else thought the sunny day was the perfect time for the last trip to Artist Point for the season. The road is closed when the first snow flies, and it's due any day now.
The sun was too bright to get good pictures, but here are a few from our walking about...


Back view of Mt. Shuksan - I think we were on the Artist Point trail.


View from Lake Anne Trail. There were still blueberries on the bushes, and we ate a few handfuls. The leaves were all turning red and I was disappointed that the pictures didn't turn out. The sun was just too bright and washed out the color.

 Classic Mount Shuksan view. This is one of the most photographed views in the world, apparently, and I decided I needed my very own picture of the classic view.

 
View from our picnic lunch table. A bit of cheese and bread and apples. We decided the wine should stay at home and drank water. :)

It was a lovely day, and the perfect thing to do to chase the 'blues' away. There is something about being out in nature and feeling the energy of the earth. Sometimes we need to take the time to reconnect and rebuild our earth energy. I am so grateful to be married to a friend who knows just what I need.


1 comment:

Cheryl said...

You are so lucky to be married to a friend who knows just what you need. I can picture you there, eating your cheese and apples, enjoying the view.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...