Thursday, August 5, 2010

On it's way home

We're just finishing a moleskine journal exchange that started last September. The final book I worked in is now on it's way home. The theme was Autumn Colors.

To create this I applied gesso to the page and created a bit of texture in it with foam stamps and punchinella, let it dry, applied several layers of acrylic paints and "scrubbed" some off. I used paper napkin sunflowers glued to an old book page, then cut out. Stamped on the crows on a branch, glued on the red wing blackbird and words and sealed with soft gloss gel medium.

Now I'm waiting for mine to return. It's two months behind at this point, the person who got it in June hasn't completed it and it still has to go to Sweden and back before coming home. I'm keeping fingers crossed it makes it soon!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...