Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What's Growing in Your Garden?

I just entered a contest on The Vintage Workshop Blog about what's growing in my garden this year... check it out. Fun things to win.

We have a certified backyard wildlife habitat, which includes variety of perennials, herbs, shrubs and trees, both native and hybrids, throughout our garden. All are growing nicely this time of year. Our flowering currents are in bloom. We have a larger bed of tall red bee balm this year, which our hummingbirds and bees just love! Our vegetable garden is growing tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, green peppers, snap peas, parsley, and we’ve already harvested some of our lettuce. We have sweet peas and nasturtiums are just coming up around the yard for decoration. Oh... did I mention catnip for the resident kitty?

I love this growing time of year!  What's growing in YOUR garden? 

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I am filled with joy you got your yard certified. It is now official your yard is a fun-filled place for animals and insects. I'm proud of all the work you and John have done to make this happen. Will you get to be on a tour now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...